The Teaching of Scripture
First of all, we believe that God has spoken to us in the Bible. Because God is its author, the Bible is true and trustworthy, and it is our ultimate rule of faith and life. It tells us what we must believe, and what we must do.
The Historic Christian Faith
- There is one living and true God.
- This one God is three divine persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God the Son, and he was born of the virgin Mary, died on a cross, and rose again the third day.
- The Holy Spirit gives life to God’s people, the Church.
- Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead.
- There will be a resurrection of the body, either to judgement or to everlasting life.
The Reformed Faith
We believe that the teaching of the Bible and the historic Christian faith is most fully and consistently articulated in the teachings of the Protestant Reformation, particularly in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms. Our pastor, elders, and deacons have subscribed to these as their own personal statement of belief, and they are the basis of the teaching ministry of the church.